Hello all, I’m proud to announce we have re-launched CowboysBoard.Com We have migrated to an awesome web host and upgraded to the latest vBulletin software to provide the best forum to discuss Cowboys news. Be sure to stop by and check out the new digs. If you’re a lurker or new user, this is the perfect time to jump right in and join the rest of us. See you all there!
I’ll get some new material on the blog today, but for now check out this good article on Jerry’s 2-round track record from the DMNBlog, good stuff:
All this thinking about the Cowboys’ potential second-round picks got me thinking about all the guys who Jerry Jones and Co. have picked in that round.
For no good reason other to fill some free time (mine and yours), I decided to rank every second-rounder since Jerry bought the franchise.
I decided to judge the players based solely on their contributions to the Cowboys. I mention that primarily to explain how one of the NFL’s best receivers of the last two decades ranks dead last on the list.
1. G/T Larry Allen (1994, 46th overall) – The most overpowering offensive lineman of his era is a no-brainer Hall of Famer.
2. S Darren Woodson (1992, 37th overall) – All-time leading tackler in franchise history has a strong case for the Hall of Fame.
3. FB Daryl Johnston (1989, 39th overall) – Moose, the best blocking fullback of his era, played major role on three Super Bowl title teams.
4. LT Flozell Adams (1998, 38th overall) – Might not have deserved all five Pro Bowl trips, but he’s started 162 games over the last 11 seasons.
5. C/G Andre Gurode (2002, 37th overall) – Gaining ground on Adams after three consecutive Pro Bowl appearances… (MORE HERE)
If you look at the entire list you’ll see some great players, good, average, and straight certified busts. Being that are our first pick this year is in the 2nd round it makes you wonder if we’re going to draft another tight end again, just kidding. However, don’t be surprised if we take the not so sexy pick like a LG. Ugly pick on the outside, but we need another LG to upgrade. I’m not sold on Kosier this year and beyond, and not sold on Montrae Holland