Who else is ready to have their mock drafts go down the tubes? This is usually this case come draft day. Our beloved “pet cats” go to other teams or our bitter rivals, which can send some into a depressed, cranky mood once the picks are announced. Don’t sweat it though, even the NFL Draft pundits get the mock drafts wrong. Hopefully by now, no one ever takes the draftnik’s words as gospel. I came across this article that breaks down their accuracy or rather, the inaccuracy of the top three guys: Mike Mayock; Mel Kiper; and Todd McShay.
Overall, Mike Mayock holds a slight edge over the other two, and tonight you’ll get to see Mayock’s annual Mock Draft on NFL Network at 9PM (EST)
For me, it’s been fun doing all the Cowboys Mock Drafts here, but now I want to delve into some bold draft day predictions, some may be logical and some may just be plain absurd, but then again each draft class has had its share of both. So, let’s get right into it…
1. The Houston Texans will draft Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo and it’ll be with the 1st overall or in a trade down.
2. There will be 8 Offensive Lineman selected in the 1st round
3. The first QB selected in the 1st round will be Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
4. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville will be drafted in the 3rd round
5. The Cowboys will trade down twice in the 1st round
6. Zack Martin will get drafted ahead of Taylor Lewan
7. Marqise Lee, WR, USC will fall to the 3rd round
8. Someone will trade and draft Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois at the bottom of the 1st round
9. Only one defensive tackle will be drafted in the 1st round – Aaron Donald
10. The Cowboys will trade a pick in next years draft to get someone this year
What bold prediction are you forecasting for the draft?